Dear Winter Body,
The persistent rains are finally coming to an end, and soon cooler temperatures will make way for deliciously sunny days. As I’ve quite a few outdoor adventures in store for you this Summer, I would like to make some commitments to ensure that you are fully prepared and functioning at your highest capacity for our upcoming journeys. I’m certain you’ve noticed that grad school intensives and thesis writing have required extended periods of sitting and stillness. Sure, there’s been some dancing, yoga and mountain climbs, but you’ve also been incredibly patient with me while I embarked upon voracious researching and writing. However, I’m about to make it up to you, easing you into some incredibly awesome Spring explorations. Isn’t this fun?
I hereby promise to provide you with:
- Lots of fresh, clean drinking water.
- Smaller meals more frequently. I know you prefer this.
- Stretching both before and after my cardio activities.
- Breakfast. I do understand you prefer one. I’m listening.
- Blending lengthening, strengthening, and heart racing activities.
- Choosing tools, equipment and methods to make activities less stressful on you.
- Nature time. I know you Love being outdoors. I feel you kicking out the happy-makin’ serotonin after time in sun’s sweet glow.
- Sunscreen that is healthy, allows skin to breath and keeps it protected.
- Slowing down. Staying within the beautiful moment. Balancing with stillness.
- Honoring limits. I will tune in, noticing the difference between pushing healthy barriers and honoring limitations.
- New challenges! I’ve new roads to journey, carry me into the beautiful new.
You are such an amazing and appreciated vessel for me in this lifetime. As always, I am in awe at your ability to rebuild and work towards optimal health. I know that with every choice I make, such as choosing one food over the other, I am also making a choice that affects my health and well-being. So, as the warmer seasons arrive and activity increases, I renew my commitment to assist you in being your best. We shall play, dance, and delight in the blossoming of Spring’s grace.
With Love and Gratitude,
By Antonia Hall