Making and maintaining friends.
1. Aways be friendly to everyone; experiment excessively.
2. Surround yourself at home and at work with pictures and memories of friends.
3. Listen to friends’ dreams and try and do everything you can to make them yours.
4. Always have the feeling you’re doing your best. There is no place in friendship for guilt.
5. Penetrate their lives and freely reveal your deepest feelings. Express the need for comfort.
6. Maintain your friendships with postcards, letters or telephone calls.
7. Give friends shelter and support.
8. Play with each other continuously when you’re together.
9. Make sure the need for your friends isn’t born out of desperation, but anticipation.
10. Once a week, go to a nursing home to be a friend and cheer people up.
11. Regularly organise informal meals for neighbours, colleagues, strangers.
12. Strive to expand your family.